hello there! my name is Evelyn, and I have loved telling and experiencing stories for as long as I remember. this is my blog where I share thoughts and writings. sometimes it is small, while sometimes it is a drenching. I post something roughly every Friday depending on that little thing called life. I discuss about the novels I am writing, talk about books I have read, or share interesting poetry exercises. Or I talk about places I have been and people I have met. And sometimes I post my original poetry or art.
I am a bookworm (atrocious reader), a hot-tea drinker (snob), rain-lover (pluviophile), world-weaver (writer), an irregular painter, and I flatter myself with the title of ‘poet.’ my room is filled with a forever fluctuating number of happy plants with eccentric names.
nine more random things about me:
- i sort my bookshelf by color
- i love boba tea and sushi, and if i ever get a puppy the chance it will be named boba is very high
- my car is named spike after the brother of snoopy from the peanuts comics (the one with the mustache always having an existential crisis or some other deep conversation with a cactus)
- in high school, I competed in mock trial and sang in an incredible satb choir.
- studio ghilbi films are my latest obsession
- good movie soundtracks and the world of classical music never fail to make me happy.
- ultimate frisbee is my favorite sport (if we don’t qualify mock trial as one ;))
i love people and getting excited about things with them and hanging out with them, and even crying with them. one day I hope to write quirky and imaginative novels for a living. anywho, consider this scattering of random facts an introduction and feel free to reach out with a simple hello. ((:
~ evelyn ~
a.k.a. the rain-drenched writer.