Once upon a time there lived an evelyn who left her little hobbit hole to stake a small corner of the internet and devote it to her wanderings and ramblings.
For a few years she dwelled within a cozy home built by her thirteen-year-old self, until she woke up to find her foot sticking out the door, her head out the roof, and her books tumbling out the windows and knocking over her mugs. With such a discovery and the following conclusion that it was time to move on, she packed her bags and shipped herself to a whole new world…
Welcome to my blog! Or at least the page of my blog where I give an idea of who I am and explain what this virtual corner is in as little amount of words possible.
To get introduced, hi there! My name is Evelyn. It’s a pretty cool name if I say so myself. It’s a combination of “eve” and “lynn” which mean life and light respectively. Next thing you might want to know about me is that I’m a Christian. I’m also a homeschooled high schooler from a big family.
I am also (not not limited to) a bookworm (atrocious reader), a hot-tea drinker (snob), rain-lover (pluviophile), world-weaver (writer), paint-smudge-er (this title is actually pretty fitting), clock-collector (I currently have three antique clocks), and I flatter myself with the title of ‘poet.’
Seven more random things about me:
- I rearrange my bookshelf approximately every other week and am a strong believer in sorting it by color
- I have a huge canvas painting of Queen Elizabeth hanging in my closet (how many other people can say that??)
- I own lots of plants (the number is always changing with adopting new ones, plant sitting for family and friends, and giving some away).
- I love boba tea and sushi, and if I ever get a puppy the chance it will be named Boba is very high.
- My family was given an old car right when I started to drive so now I go everywhere with my dear Despereaux as we jam to our music.
- I compete in mock trial.
- I am a first alto in a 60+ person college-sponsored youth choir and it is ~a m a z i n g~
- Studio Ghilbi are my latest obsession
My cacti are named Augustine (the First), Priscilla (the Prickly), Ferdinand (the widower), and Archibald (the mentally disturbed). I also have Ferndale the aloe plant, who, on any give day, has about a ten baby sprouts.
Sometimes I’m sarcastic and all the time I’m short, and I am slightly obsessed with using bullet points (aren’t they just so useful and satisfying?) and everything elephant-related (e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. the darling dears)
I love people, I love listening to their stories, I love inspiring people and getting them excited about things.
So that’s some things about me.
Oh and hey I’m a blogger! (tadaaaa because that was not obvious at all)
About this blog: This blog is where I pour out thoughts and share ideas. Sometimes its small, while sometimes it’s drenching. I post something roughly every Friday depending on that little thing called “l i f e.” I talk about the novels I’m writing, about books I’ve read, or about interesting poetry exercises, or I talk about places I’ve been and people I’ve met. And sometime I post my poetry or art.
Well there you go! If you want to know more, I would suggest looking around the blog. Cheers!
~ evelyn ~
AKA the rain-drenched writer.
P.S. My dear writing assistant from the A.A.A: Rufus. He helps a lot around here. If you have any spare pickles or chocolate bars to donate to his cause, let me know.
| around the blog |