why hello there! my name is Evelyn, and I have loved telling and experiencing stories for as long as I remember. this is my blog where I share thoughts and writings. Sometimes it is small, while sometimes it is a drenching. I post something roughly every Friday depending on that little thing called life. I discuss about the novels I am writing, talk about books I have read, or share interesting poetry exercises. Or I talk about places I have been and people I have met. And sometimes I post my original poetry or art.
I am a bookworm (atrocious reader), a hot-tea drinker (snob), rain-lover (pluviophile), world-weaver (writer), an irregular painter, and I flatter myself with the title of ‘poet.’ My room is filled with a forever fluctuating number of happy plants with eccentric names.
Nine more random things about me:
- I rearrange my bookshelf approximately every other week and am a strong believer in sorting it by color
- I have a huge canvas painting of Queen Elizabeth hanging in my closet (how many other people can say that??)
- I love boba tea and sushi, and if I ever get a puppy the chance it will be named Boba is very high.
- My family was given an old grey mousy car right when I started to drive so now I go everywhere with my dear Despereaux as we jam to our music.
- I compete in mock trial.
- I am a first alto in a 60+ person college-sponsored youth choir and it is ~a m a z i n g~
- Studio Ghilbi films are my latest obsession.
- Good movie soundtracks and the world of classical music never fail to make me happy.
- Ultimate Frisbee is my favorite sport.
Sometimes I’m sarcastic and all the time I’m short, and I am slightly obsessed with everything elephant-related.
I love people and getting excited about things with them and hanging out with them. And even crying with them. One day I hope to write quirky and imaginative novels for a living.
I am currently in high school and work at a French creperie, but will be headed to college to study art and English in the fall. Anywho, consider this scattering of random facts an introduction and feel free to reach out with a simple hello. ((:
~ evelyn ~
a.k.a. the rain-drenched writer.